Phil Scheurer, Fribourg (Switzerland)
- Degree in dentistry at the University of Fribourg and the University of Bern, Switzerland.
- Awarded of doctorate degree ("Dr. med. dent.") under Prof N.P. Lang, Bern.
- Training as a specialist dentist in orthodontics under Prof. B. Ingervall, Bern.
- Award of specialist accreditation (specialist dentist) 1995.
- For over 10 years: Senior research assistant at the Department for orthodontic surgery at the University of Bern, specializing in treating patients with a cleft lip and/or palate.
- Since 1995: Own private dental practice in Fribourg, Switzerland.
- Diamond Doctor, Elite Club Member and Clinical Speaker for Invisalign®.
- President of the Swiss Society for Aligner Orthodontics (SGAO)
- Editorial Board Member of the Journal of Aligner Orthodontics, JAO
Growth control with aligners?
For a long time, growth control was only possible to a limited extent with aligners. With its MAF (Mandibular Advancement Feature), Align Technology (Invisalign®) has introduced a new treatment option and initiated an interesting approach.
However, neutral studies on this treatment method are few and far between. This study presents the results of 40 patients treated with MAF in private practice.
The clinical and radiological findings are compared with other removable devices for Class II correction, such as activators and Twin Blocks. The results are also compared with other studies.
In this way, fundamental questions will be answered and a better understanding of the biomechanics of the MAF achieved.
Finally there is a critical evaluation of this treatment device in practice, as far as this is possible from what is still very recent experience.